Leave us your impressions of your stay in “Rochers Caraïbes”!
We stayed in Ti Kaz for one week during this Christmas. We had a lovely and relaxing vacation in the cozy bungalow Ti Kaz.
Ti Kaz have everything you need, from kitchen wear to grill, spa and washing machine.
We really enjoyed the the morning coffee together with Hummingbirds and all other colorful birds.
Brigitte is an excellent host who helps you with all information needed. Also the food service from Fulberte was excellent and great help when arriving late with the plane after the long travel from Sweden.
If you like to be little active on vacation we really can recommend a walk to Cascade Saut d´Acomat, after some uphill walking plunging in the water is really refreshing.
We also can recommend diving, the reefs are in really good condition and Brigitte can help you to chose a good Dive center.
The little village of Deshaies is really worth visiting and also the Island Capital, Basse-Terre with the market. On the way to Basse Terre don’t miss Bologne Rum distillery. Remember to check opening times.
Also good to know is that most of the shops have limited opening time on Sundays.
We most highly recommend Rochers Caraibes
Thomas & Susanna from Sweden
We just returned from a fabulous stay with Brigitte at Kaz a Man Tiren. Brigitte is the perfect hostess, warm and attentive. As others have written, all of our needs were anticipated and provided for. Our “home away from home” was clean and perfectly equipped to provide us with comfort and relaxation. Brigitte has put together an album for her guests which is filled with local sites and excursions . She spent time helping to design our stay based on our preferences and interests. Given that this was our first time in Guadeloupe, the assistance was very much appreciated.
We never felt that the traffic noise intruded in any way. We loved the beautiful flora and fauna surrounding our cozy bungalow. The birds flocked to the birdfeeder next to our deck and loved the extra rations of fruit we provided for them. Brigitte is a phenomenal gardener of tropical plants and has established beautiful landscaping throughout her properties. We had a view of the jungle and the ocean. How relaxing it was to sit on the deck, admiring the sunset sipping on planters punch with the delicious local rum.
There is a rocky beach two minutes down the road but it really isn’t a swimming beach. The two islands of Guadeloupe are surrounded by beaches, and with the help of a map, guide book and Brigitte everyone will find the beach that suits their taste, some as close as a 10 minute drive away.
• There are grocery stores nearby in Bouillante. The Carrefour supermarket has everything you need including a deli with cheese and cold cuts and French wine for under $10. We feasted on one meal a day of cheese, paté, baguette and wine.
• Right next door in the same mall is a great pastry shop (boulangerie) where you can buy readymade lunch items, baguettes, and your favorite French pastries. They also have good espresso coffee.
• Back at Rochers Caraibes, make sure to keep your food protected since the birds love to peck at the fresh fruit and bread left on the counter.
• It’s best to bring your own snorkel gear if you want to explore on your own. Some of the areas right off the beach have coral and fish. Brigitte will point you in the right direction but of course the Jacques Cousteau reserve on Pigeon Island is the best spot on the island. You can get there with a guide or possibly kayak on your own, depending on the weather conditions.
• Absolutely do hire Fulberte, the excellent cook recommended by Brigitte. She prepared and delivered dinners to us using the seafood that she bought that morning from the fishermen. She cooks terrific local dishes using vegetables that we’d never heard of.
• And if you love massages, do ask Brigitte to arrange for Angelique to pay you a home visit.
• Before you arrive, take some time to explore the Rochers Caraibes website which is brimming with helpful information, and watch the video to get you in the mood.
We most highly recommend this eco friendly bungalow and are already looking forward to our next visit.